Do you need a freediving or marine foraging expert? We are well versed and confident in working with all aspects of the media, be it print or broadcast. With freediving and marine expert Ian Donald we can provide for all your sub-aqua needs…
- Expert freediving advice and tuition
- Shoreline foraging
- Freediving stunt work
- Underwater movement and breath hold tuition for actors
- Apnea training for film crew
- Confident on camera presenting relating to all matters sub-aqua
- Breath hold safety diver for filming/stunt work
- Freediving talks and seminars
We understand that finances vary, we have worked with small independent film makers all the way up to big budget TV shows, so our fees are negotiable. Let us know what you want and we will make it work.
Professional references are available on request.
Press/media coverage/work includes:
- Carve magazine (April 2011)
- Channel 4 ‘Hidden Talent’ show (Filming Summer 2011)
- Channel 4 ‘Jimmys Forest’ (Filming Winter 2012)
- The Guardian online (April 2012)
- The Cornish Guardian (May 2012)
- The western Morning News (May 2012)
- Sport Diver Magazine (August 2012)
- BBC natural history (Summer 2013)
- Freediver magazine (Spring 2014)
- BBC Countryfile (Summer 2014)
- BBC One Show (Autumn 2014)
- BBC One Show (Winter 2015)
- Cosmopolitan magazine (Winter 2015)
- MTV online (Winter 2015)
- The Guardian newspaper (Spring 2015)
ABOUT IAN DONALD
Ian Donald has been freediving since 1999. He started whilst on holiday in the Caribbean, diving with local spearfishermen and learning how they collected the big crayfish which were being cooked up on the beach every night.
He is the personal breath hold trainer for several of the UKs top surfers including Tom Butler, one of the UKs best big wave surfers. He has worked with the Royal Marines to assist their underwater skill set and has helped create new training techniques. He has also trained many professional camera operators and filmmakers in order to enhance their underwater abilities including the presenter and cameraman for the BBC 2 series ‘Hunters of the south seas’.
He is also author of the freediving book ‘ Underwater foraging – freediving for food’, making him one of the worlds leading experts in sustainable underwater foraging. Through this he has worked with major television networks to assist them in creating programming related to breath-hold diving and the natural world.
Ian has been involved as a freediving expert in TV and film projects about/related to freediving, and his experience is often called upon for a wide range of projects around the world.